AirlineRatings.com in conjunction with its Airline Excellence Awards has announced its top 10 airlines for 2019.
Heading the list is:
Singapore Airlines, followed by Air New Zealand, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Virgin Australia, Emirates, All Nippon Airways, EVA Air, Cathay Pacific Airways and Japan Airlines.
To be named in the top ten, airlines must achieve a seven-star safety rating and demonstrate leadership in innovation for passenger comfort.
Airlineratings.com has also revealed its latest top 10 safest low-cost airlines for 2019 (listed in Alphabetical):
- Flybe (Based in Exeter, England)
- Frontier Airlines (Based in Denver, Colorado.)
- Hong Kong Express (Hong Kong low-cost airline)
- Jetblue (Based in New York City)
- Jetstar Asia (a low-cost airline based in Singapore.)
- Thomas Cook ((Based in Manchester, England)
- Volaris (A Mexican low-cost airline based in Santa Fe, Álvaro Obregón)
- Vueling (a Spanish low-cost airline based at El Prat de Llobregat in Greater Barcelona)
- Westjet (Canadian low-cost airline)
- Wizz Air (a Hungarian low-cost airline)
Low cost Airline doesn’t necessarily mean least safe Airlines.
All the airlines ranked by Airline Ratings as the top 10 low cost airlines are seven-star airlines, so technically they are as good as the top 10 Airlines that was revealed.