From the dusty deserts that make up Central Asia, to the tropical beaches that nestle close to the Pacific Ocean,
a vast country full of bustling cities, serene mountains, and small villages, China is a fantastic place to live abroad.
This massive country is full of diverse culture, unique dialects and varying teaching and living conditions.
No matter where you go, you’ll explore a new and exciting culture, try exotic foods, and get a chance to learn one of the world’s most in-demand languages.
And everyone has different needs when it comes to living abroad.
Some people want to work in a big, bustling metropolis. Others want to engage with a more relaxed way of life.
And since China is such a diverse place, it can accommodate all types of international travelers with different interests.
For anyone looking to move to China, there are plenty of great places to stay. Here is the list of the best places to live and work in China:
10. Beijing. (best for student, job seeker)
9. Tianjin. (best for retiree)
8. Guilin, Guangxi. (best for retiree)
7. Sanya, Hainan. (overall)
6. Chengdu, Sichuan. (best for job seeker)
5. Suzhou, Jiangsu. (best for retiree, family)
4. Hangzhou, Zhejiang. (best for student, family)
3. Nanjing, Jiangsu. (best for student, job seeker)
2. Hong Kong. (best for student)
1. Shanghai. (best for student, retiree, job seeker)